Founded in 2020 after many years in the making, the Kirkland Chamber Foundation was inspired by the Greater Kirkland Chamber of Commerce’s involvement with the Lake Washington School District and area colleges. This foundation supports expanded programming with students and youth in our community, as well as lifelong educational programming for professionals. We recognize that education is a lifelong process with a continuing need to learn and sharpen skills.
Pandemic Business Disaster Relief
In late February 2020, the COVID-19 pandemic found its US epicenter right here in Kirkland, WA. This gave the foundation the opportunity to step up in an additional way from the outset. We immediately dropped everything to respond to the crisis, including fast-tracking our foundation with an inclusion of disaster relief in the charter. We were able to raise and distribute nearly a half million dollars during the very early days of the pandemic. These went out to the small business community in the form of desperately needed unrestricted grants. This is one way that the foundation can respond to emergencies in our business community on an as-needed basis.
Current and recently completed Kirkland Chamber Foundation events and programs include:
- COVID-19 Small Business Relief Fund (completed)
- Youth Leadership Development Luncheon
- Youth STEM Development Luncheon
- Investor Sharks Northwest: Teen Startup Challenge
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Program and Symposium
- Chamber 201: Continuing Education Programming
- Sustainable September
- Kirkland Promise Committee
- Annual Scholarships
- Disaster Relief (as needed)